Business And Contract Litigation
In the world of business and contract litigation, it is common for a lawyer either to have a high business aptitude or to be highly regarded as a litigator. It is less common for an attorney to be proficient in both areas.
At Norman J. Lerum, P.C. in Chicago, attorney Norman J. Lerum has earned a stellar reputation for bringing a wealth of business acumen to every case, as well as having invaluable trial experience. It is reassuring for our clients to know that we have a track record of resolving disputes outside of court, yet if a fair agreement cannot be reached through negotiation we have what it takes to win at trial.
We Are Committed To Our Clients’ Concerns
We zealously protect our clients’ best interests in a wide range of business disputes. We have represented small and midsized companies across a broad spectrum of industries, as well as individuals who are engaged in contract disputes or other business-related litigation.
Our trial experience is an important component of our practice. It has helped our law firm achieve notable results for clients in a wide range of legal disputes, including:
- Partnership and shareholder concerns — Disputes arising from failure of fiduciary responsibility, compensation, governance, intellectual property and breach of contract
- Employment contracts — Disputes over noncompete agreements, termination of employment, compensation and other employment issues
- Bad faith insurance practices — Disputes arising from an insurance company’s refusal to defend and/or provide coverage under an insurance policy
- Condominium association disputes — Representing condominium owners in disputes with condominium associations
- General contract disputes — Including written employment agreements, real estate contracts, surety and guarantee agreements, sales agreements and independent manufacturer representative agreements
- Chancery court — Extensive experience in cases where equitable relief is appropriate, including declaratory relief and/or injunctive relief
- Appellate matters — Extensive experience in preparing and presenting appeals in state and federal appellate courts arising from judgments and rulings in a trial court
Resolve Your Dispute So You Can Focus On Business
Business disputes can command an undue amount of attention and kill competitive advantages. It is wise to act immediately in order to resolve them promptly.
We welcome the opportunity to review the facts of your legal matter and recommend an effective course of action. Call 312-782-1087 or use our online contact form to schedule a consultation.